Air Duct & Dryer Vent Cleaning
It may be tough to DIY clean these monster ducts. You might want to call BWR.
We Also Do Ductwork, Duct Repair & Air Duct Cleaning
BWR is a full-service heating and air conditioning company.
- We sell furnaces, AC units, and HVAC systems.
- We install, repair, and maintain furnaces, AC units, and HVAC systems.
- We also do ductwork and air duct cleaning. We can repair existing ductwork, restore air ducts to pristine condition, design new duct systems, and install new ducts where needed.
- Most ductwork has a life of 20 to 25 years. And even after 15 years, you may have to replace deteriorating air ducts. We can do that for you.
Most appliance repair companies don’t do the ductwork or even the cleaning themselves — for that, they call subcontractors.
But at BWR Heating & Cooling, we don’t hire subcontractors. All work is performed by BWR’s professionally trained, licensed, and insured technicians, guaranteeing you the highest quality on every job, from installing complex HVAC systems to vacuuming out the ducts.
Too busy for an in-home estimate? Try a virtual visit instead!
What Happens When You Don’t Clean the Ducts
Indoor air can be up to five times more polluted than outdoor air. You might invest in a state-of-the-art filter for your HVAC system, but what’s the point if you never clean the ducts that direct that filtered air to all rooms of the building?
You wouldn’t drink water from dirty pipes, would you?
Dust, mold, pollen, and worse collect in the air ducts. When you switch on the heat or central air conditioning, rushing air stirs up contaminants like:
- Pet hair
- Dust mite feces
- Insect feces
- Rodent feces
- Smoke odors
- Skin flakes
- Decaying organic matter
- Textile fibers
- Chemical residue
If it all sounds like a toxic waste dump, that’s because it is, in a manner of speaking.
- The average six-room house will collect 40 pounds of dust in a year.
- Contaminated air ducts can contribute to air quality that’s worse inside the home than outside — even on a smoggy day.
- Seniors, young children, and people with dust allergies and asthma are especially vulnerable to hazardous indoor air quality.
DIY Cleaning: Good But Not Great for Air Ducts
While vacuuming and dusting may be part of your weekly cleaning routine, no amount of regular cleaning can eliminate every dust mite or bug dropping in your home. Basic cleaning methods always leave behind contaminants that end up in your air ducts.
Worse, these particles are continually recirculated and concentrated as new contaminants join the mix.
Our Process for Duct Cleaning
Our technicians use powerful state-of-the-art “negative” air equipment to clear your air ducts of dust, debris, pet dander, allergens, and grime. Commercial-grade vacuums remove years of accumulated grime, leaving air ducts almost like new.
Once the vacuuming is complete, our technicians run a thorough check of your ducts and entire HVAC system to ensure they’re in prime condition.
With BMR’s All-Star Healthy Home Services Air Duct Cleaning, you can significantly reduce the amount of dust in your ventilation system, leading to better health and ultimately a better quality of life.
Summary of Benefits: Air Duct Cleaning
- Increased heating and central air conditioning system efficiency, which saves you $$$ on your energy bills.
- Effective allergy relief.
- Less dust and dirt in your home.
- Less contamination in your HVAC system.
- Cleaner household surfaces (carpet / upholstery / wall coverings & clothing)
Better air quality; healthier home.
How Much Does Air Duct Cleaning Cost?
That depends entirely on the size of your home or business and the number of ducts that need cleaning. As with carpet cleaning, there’s no one size fits all charge or approach!
But if you call us, we should be able to quote a ballpark figure over the phone, and our technicians always provide a guaranteed quote before they embark on any job, air duct cleaning included.
Suffice it to say that BWR offers some of the best rates for duct cleaning in the LA metro area, and it goes without saying that we give you the very best service.
How Often Should You Clean Your Air Ducts?
Every 3 to 5 years! That’s the standard recommendation. But you may need to have air ducts cleaned more often if you:
- Live in a dusty area.
- Have a house full of pets or clutter.
- Have a mold problem in your home.
- Run your HVAC system often.
- Suffer from breathing problems.
Pay attention to the warning signs. If you find yourself sniffling from morning until night, or experiencing frequent headaches, it may be time to clean the ducts. If rodents or insects have taken up residence in your home, call us to clean the ducts.
Is Air Duct Cleaning Worth It?
Let’s ask a few people.
Of course not!
Why yes, silly! Call BWR!
Opinions vary. But in our opinion and the opinion of our customers, definitely. You’ll be happier and healthier for it.
“Amazing service start to finish!”
Amazing service start to finish! I have some severe lung issues and with the amazing service of their whole team, we were even able to improve the air quality in my home.
A whole new A/C and heat system, careful attention to detail, and a very professional team. I highly recommend BWR!
Dryer Vent Cleaning
The same powerful commercial vacuums that clean your ducts of dust and debris can be used on any air vent in your home or business. This includes dryer vents, which, as anyone who runs the dryer often knows, become clogged with lint over time.
Clogged dryer vents are more than a nuisance. They can present a significant fire hazard in some cases. Even if your dryer is smart enough to shut down before it reaches the danger point, that clogged exhaust vent forces your dryer to work much harder than it needs to, shortening appliance life and raising the energy bill.
Newer smart dryers may stop working altogether.
Just like ductwork, dryer vents should be professionally cleaned every few years. The more you run your dryer, the more often the vent will need cleaning.
Call us to vacuum your dryer vent, if your smart dryer is beginning to flash warning messages, or if you notice your energy bill climbing ever higher. If you like, we’ll inspect your ductwork while we’re on the service trip.
Why BWR & Not the Box Store, the Plumber, or the Fix-It Guy?
The contractor who installs your heating and cooling system is responsible for all warranties, including labor and materials.
Suppose you purchase a pricey HVAC appliance, only to discover that the seller has subcontracted installation to someone who arrives in an unmarked vehicle? Are you still confident the job will be done right?
Subcontractors are normally paid piece work. The faster they work, the more money they make. Shortcuts become a virtual certainty. Jobs are rushed.
Then there’s the question of liability and workman’s compensation. If something goes wrong and the subcontractor is underinsured, you the homeowner could be liable. So much for the 50 bucks you saved at Big Jim’s Cut-Rate Appliance last weekend.
All BWR team members have passed drug and background checks. They’ll show up on time in a marked BWR vehicle and wearing a BWR uniform. They’re trained to respect your property and your home, always removing debris when the job is complete.
Need More Reasons? Here You Go…
- BWR Heating & Cooling is an authorized dealer of major, trusted brands of heating, air conditioning, and HVAC equipment.
- We specialize in air conditioners, furnaces, and HVAC appliances. We don’t do anything else!
We guarantee all work, parts and labor.
- We’ve been installing and repairing heating and cooling systems in Southern California for two decades.
- We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- All BWR technicians are certified, licensed, bonded, and insured. We don’t hire subcontractors to do the dirty work for us.
- Our technicians average 5 years of work experience in HVAC, heating, and air conditioning.
- Technicians receive 75 hours of additional technical and customer service training per year.